MatchPoint Solutions is for candidates looking for a challenging career in a progressive company. MatchPoint and its clients are always looking for the qualified candidates, hiring directly out of top universities as well as experienced individuals from the industry.
The Sourcing Specialist will be responsible for executing the sourcing process of the procurement cycle within the client. The Sourcing Specialist will assist with the development of a sourcing model and processes that will drive the selection of Suppliers. Additionally, the Sourcing Specialist will develop sourcing events yielding contracts that measure key performance metrics, safeguard client through appropriate contractual protection, offer risk mitigation and secure favorable rights, controls and performance incentives. The person performing this role will have responsibility for managing the supplier acquisition process from the outset of defining the project, to awarding and executing the project contract and must be capable of influencing across all levels of management, business, and supplier teams, leveraging experience, negotiation skills and integrating external benchmarking and KPI/metric data to affect delivery outcomes from suppliers that meet and exceed expectations.
75 % Sourcing:
· Lead the sourcing processes within the Vendor Management organization.
· Lead and facilitate sourcing initiatives in collaboration with client Management other business units, stakeholders, suppliers and/or client affiliates ensuring that a competitive environment is maintained throughout the sourcing event.
· Demonstrate expertise with respect to all procurement concepts, policies, and procedures, assisting with identifying requirements and communicating those requirements such that internal customers and bidders clearly understand all aspects of the project.
· Execute sourcing plans that support business unit objectives and maximize profitability through lower costs, rebates, volume discounts, or revenue generation opportunities and support innovation, improved service levels, improved relationships to facilitate operational efficiencies and customer satisfaction.
· Execute governance framework to enable client to identify the best suppliers of goods and services. Develop supplier bid list making maximum use of existing and diverse suppliers as appropriate.
· Participate in the development of a sourcing approach and operating model recommending changes that align with strategic priorities.
· Research and assess supplier services, capabilities, performance and other relevant factors as necessary for strategic fit and/or sourcing/contracting opportunities.
· Integrate Supplier Diversity strategy into sourcing projects ensuring that a broad and deep field of suppliers are represented for each sourcing project.
· Participate in the development of supplier negotiation strategy and support negotiation activities as appropriate to reach common agreement.
· Collaborate with internal client business partners as required to continually improve the sourcing process.
· Leverage North American partnerships (i.e., TMNA) and global partnerships footprint (SFC's) for common suppliers and help construct regional/global agreements that benefit Toyota.
· Develop and execute recommendations that align sourcing with overall department and company goals.
15 % Client Support
· Participate and at times, take the lead, in contract negotiations to ensure alignment with sourcing processes and overall negotiation strategy.
· Participate in supplier performance reviews as part of ongoing improvement efforts/Quarterly Business Reviews (QBR’s’) as to time, quality, scope, budget, capacity, and responsiveness.
· Take an active role in providing subject matter expertise and guidance to customers and team members as appropriate.
· Ensure frequent communication between all key project and sub-department parties including customers, suppliers, associates, and other appropriate stakeholders.
· Communicate key issues clearly and effectively to the appropriate supplier and client audience at all management levels
· Educate/train client associates in best practices and negotiation strategies to maximize cost effectiveness of relationship.
10% Administrative Support
· Provide oversight to sourcing activities as applicable.
· Ensure compliance with all policies and procedures; document the events of the sourcing project and maintain written record of the interactions and outcome of the project.
· Looking for individuals with strong business sense and practical expertise. Successful candidates should have:
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
· Knowledge of Coupa/eMarketplace and Service Now highly preferred
· Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related supply chain management discipline
· 7+ years of experience in contract development, negotiations and contract management required.
· Institute of Supply Management CPM or CPSM certification desired.
· Business partnering with internal / external customers in a highly collaborative, effective manner.
· Significant knowledge of Sourcing process, negotiation / resolution skills, advanced word processing and spreadsheet skills.
· In-depth knowledge of structure and contents of contracts and in dealing with third-party contracts.
· Demonstrated ability to operate effectively in rapidly changing technology and business environments.
· Solid experience in operational / service cost reduction and performance improvement efforts, with emphasis on the ability to both identify and implement improvements.
· Possess excellent and effective verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to interface with all levels of associates and management.
· Ability to work independently, with strong organizational and flexibility skills in a team-oriented environment.
· Ability to effectively work in a matrix team environment with minimal oversight and maximum flexibility
· Strong project management skills
· Demonstrated leadership experience/skills
· Strong interpersonal skills with ability to interact with different groups/individuals and Band levels in a professional manner
· Demonstrated strong analytical skills, with attention to detail required
· Strong problem solving skills, with the ability to seek out and offer business oriented solutions to complex compliance problems
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Demonstrated ability to work independently and efficiently with low margin of error
· Experience in organizing, prioritizing, and handling multiple tasks with a high level of efficiency and in a flexible manner
· Experience in leading or participating as a key contributor on client projects