Virtualization Platform Engineer – Vmware ESXi
Virtual Platform Operations is a global team responsible for the maintenance and support of the VMware ESXi infrastructure. The team has an important central role and works closely with global colleagues, infrastructure teams and business areas to provide these services.
This is an exciting role and the candidate’s primary role will be to provide support of the VMware ESXi platform managing all aspects of the virtual platfrom life cycle from build, to configuration, thru to the operating system’s retirement. This canidate will manage all these aspects of the life cycle
The team operates a global model.
The candidate must be a team player, highly articulate, and be able to work well within a major finanical instituation within a dynamic operational environment. Solid technical, communication and interpersonal skills are important.
Services managed by the team:
Role / Principal Accountabilities
- vSphere and vCenter.
- Site Recovery manager ( SRM )
- VRealize ( Known previously as vCops )
- This role will participate in a team that builds and supports ESXi hypervisors with AutoDeploy.
- Experience with capacity planning and monitoring with vRealize.
- Provide troubleshooting support and advanced analysis of requests within the ESXi Platform
- Responsible for server deployments into SRM and troubleshooting SRM issues.
- Ability to troubleshoot possible virtual issues and support users for Linux and Windows operating systems
- Provide documentation for 1st line Operations Control run books
- Creating and updating environment documentation / change management
- Automate processes and reporting with PowerCLI.
Skills & Experience Desirable:
- 10+ years of experience in a mid-to-large environment and/or 3-5 years of Virtualization/VMWare experience including host build and guest deployment/management
- Demonstrate enterprise skills in technologies
- Windows 2008 and 2012 Operating Systems,
- Redhat Linux 6.x and 7.x
- VDI – Horizon View
- Cisco UCS hardware ( B Series blades )
- Experience with large-scale server/desktop management and deployment
- Take active role in system architecture to help development team optimize for systems constraints
- Ability to quickly pick up new knowledge of specific applications within the environment
- Strong attention to details with the ability to troubleshoot issues and provide resolution
- Demostrates constant considerations of risks and impacts espeically with regards to changes such as security patching (i.e., change management.)
- Solid scripting ability ( PowerCLI )
- Project management, organizational skills and the ability to multi-task and manage multiple concurrent projects
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are a must.
Technical Recruiting Manager | MatchPoint Solutions | Office 925-829-7755 | Cell 408-718-6170| Email email@example.com