Location: Seattle, WA
Duration: 3 month contract to hire
The ideal candidate will have 3-4 years of experience in routing/switching and wireless technologies and is looking to continue to advance their skills in these technologies.
Network engineer with wireless experience – Cisco in particular. In addition to traditional route/switch experience for a network engineer, wireless knowledge/experience would include:
- Deployment and operations of Cisco Wireless LAN Controllers (WLC), Cisco access points
- Deep understanding of layer 2/3 wireless roaming and troubleshooting, CAPWAP management and troubleshooting
- Experience with high density 2.4GHz and 5Ghz RF management in challenging indoor environments
- Knowledge of hyper-location tracking with Cisco MSE
- Operational experience with wireless security protocols, public and private CA hierarchy and access control (802.1x, EAP flavors, AAA, RADIUS)
- Fundamental knowledge of wireless segmentation (corporate, guest, BYOD), QoS and Voice over WLAN (VoWLAN) troubleshooting
- Hands-on experience with WiFi spectrum analyzers and site survey methodologies.