This role is responsible for facilitating the investigation, diagnosis, and closure of Problem Tickets. In addition, the Problem Management Process Owner will lead the development, implementation, and maintenance of policy, process and procedures required for the effective handling of Problems across the Technology organization.
- Formulate, implement, orchestrate and innovate technologies, processes and procedures for Problem Management
- Oversee the day-to-day activity within the Problem Management Processes
- Responsible for owning and leading Problems throughout their lifecycle per the Problem Management process.
- Responsible for assessment related to prioritization and escalation of Problem tickets, support team engagement, and decision making during Root Cause Analysis and implementation of Countermeasures
- Provide training and guidance to new department team members to facilitate knowledge sharing and cross training
- Design initiatives for Problem Management tooling improvements and translate them into business requirements for the platform (ServiceNow) development team
- Responsible for reviewing historical Problems and root cause analysis to identify trends and opportunities for improvements across Technology
- Review and participate in the Daily Status Review (DSR) ensuring appropriate root cause, business impact and next steps are documented following a Major Incident.
- Perform the Problem Management activities to ensure reduction or Incidents and/or Major Incidents
- Perform operational duties to comply with key controls for internal and/or external audit requests.
- Participate in IT operations, design and architecture meetings to institute industry-leading practices for recovery across IT.
- Responsible for continuous improvement of the overall Problem management process and communication.
- Create, coordinate and maintain knowledge management articles in ServiceNow pertaining to problem management processes.
- Responsible for producing, maintaining and distributing problem reports for critical business and IT services.
Skills and Certifications required:
- Experience in ITIL Incident and Problem Management
- Practical experience in ITIL service management functions and processes
- Prior hands-on experience creating and maintaining reports and dashboards
- Experience performing Problem Management
- Knowledge and understanding of Industry Standard or Best Practices within the ITIL processes
- Thorough understanding of ITIL service processes with deep knowledge of the various ITSM Stages, including but not limited to Incident Management, Problem Management, and Change Management
- Attention to detail
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, including executive management presentations
- ITIL Foundation certification
- Highly motivated self-starter
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills required
- Adept at working in highly matrixed cross-functional teams