MatchPoint Solutions is for candidates looking for a challenging career in a progressive company. MatchPoint and its clients are always looking for the qualified candidates, hiring directly out of top universities as well as experienced individuals from the industry.
Delivering RPA proejcts in partnership with business process analysts and business SMEs is the critical component of the role. The RPA Developer must gain a deep understanding of the business process, synthesize process requirements into soultions designs, and configure solutions to fully automate the business process with RPA software. In some cases, these activities will include efforts by vendor partners. In the case of vendor partner contributions, the RPA developer is accountable for the vendor developed technical artifacts.
Additionally the RPA developer will be responsible for ensuring production RPAs operate smoothly. This will require in part hands-on activities such as fixes and enhancements as well as partnership and oversight of vendor partners supporting RPA operations.
RPA developers must have excellent analytical skills because they will be required to continually compare business process needs with the RPA software capabilities. Being detail orientated will help them manage simultaneous projects at different development stages.
RPA developers must continually monitor project updates and reported defects in order to manage necessary modifications. Consequently, they must constantly shift gears between assigned projects, deadlines and schedules. RPA developers must conduct experimental software runs to ensure quality and consistency. They must have an eye for perfection in order to properly direct repairs and revisions of programs designed to increase operating efficiency.
Essential Job Functions / Accountabilities
1. Development/Solution Management
· Development and configuration of automation bots
· Creation and maintainenance of solution documentation
· Creation of technical documentation required for automation development
· Participation in agile development projects
· Ensure automation projects adhere to set standards and solution architecture
· Continually enhance the skills necessary to implement bots across the organization
· Identify risks and escalate as needed during bot development
· Partner with COE to successfully deliver automation opportunities on time
2. Production and Operational Support (15%)
· Support of automated processes in production
· Support of bot enhancements / break-fixes
· Provide technical guidance and support to vendor partners related to production operations/enhancements/fixes
· Ensure that proactive, adaptive, corrective, and preventive changes conducted by outsourced service provider are functionally sound and consistent with business needs
· Ensure cross-team impacts and dependencies of production activities have been addressed
· Assist RPA manager in outsourced service provider oversight, SLA tracking, and Scorecard reporting
· Provide subject matter expertise to support provider as needed. Ensure that business practices are represented inn support scripts and incident management activities
· Proactively identify and suggest improvement areas for Operation Support
· Function as point of escalation between the business customers and maintenance team, as well as with BTS Technical Operations /Application Support, BTS Architecture/COE teams, and other and Technology teams
· Communicate response and resolution to application issues such as outages and performance degradation to business stakeholder and user community
3. Strategic technology support (15%)
· Identify opportunities to apply bots to business processes based on experience from projects
· Analyze identified processes candidate for technical fit for RPA
The following functions/accountabilities are essential for all jobs:
· Work collaboratively with team members
· Meet regular performance expectations
· Ability to maintain regular and predictable attendance to support team and business objectives.
· Capability to work flexible hours, which may include day, evening and weekend hours.
· Ability to be at work on time, to return from breaks and lunch periods on time and to leave the work area after the end of their scheduled workday (applicable to jobs subject to attendance policy)
Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Computer Science or equivalent job experience desired.
Skills / Experience
· Experience with RPA or other automation technology
· Advanced to expert experience with RPA tools and development process
· Experience with agile development
· Basic understanding of cyber security implications of automation
· Experience working within IT organization
· Advanced to expert experience with VBA and scripting
· Advanced to expert experience in coding language (Java, Python, etc.)
· Possesses excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to interface with business analysts and business SMEs
· Strong understanding of project management principles
· Demonstrated continued knowledge acquisition of emerging/related technologies
· Ability to work independently, with strong organizational and flexibility skills in a team-oriented environment.
· Significant experience and understanding of common development models including waterfall and agile processes
· Experience with coding anal ysis: including root cause issue identification, debugging, problem management and performance tuning
· Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.