The Network Engineer 2 will support the implementation and administration for all Network Services components. This includes routers, switches, firewalls, load balancing, SSL/VPN, 802.11, along with voice and video. The Network Engineer 2 will provide support for the installation, troubleshooting, network performance and monitoring, BCP, and overall operation of the OSI network. They will participate and make recommendations in the network architecture design to support strategic goals of the IT organization and business units. They are responsible for abiding by corporate policies and ensuring network security and best practices are met.
- Support and maintain OSI firewalls. This includes rule changes, equipment performance, optimization, and overall operation of the firewalls.
- Ensure network security requirements are met and identify/mitigate vulnerabilities.
- Participate in network architecture designs
- Interface with multiple outside vendors when evaluating new solutions.
- Provide recommendations for network upgrades/enhancements, along with test and implementations plans.
- Analyze network utilization and participate capacity planning.
- Develop baselines to help identify failures or potential network issues.
- Implementation and maintenance of server load balancing for both LTM and GTM.
- Support and maintain SSL/VPN devices.
- Support and maintain equipment configurations for L3 and L2 devices, ACL’s, multiple VLANS, and wireless access points.
- Utilize department tools for network/system monitoring, implement configuration changes.
- Ensure network changes and new designs met BCP requirements.
- Identify, test, and upgrade equipment IOS/NX-OS.
- Maintain department documentation and perform knowledge transfer to other team members.
- Follow department guidelines and change control procedures.
- Maintain knowledge of technology changes/direction and business requirements
- Provide support for network outages 7X24 within a team environment.
Additional Skills Preferred:
- Minimum of 3 years experience implementing and maintaining a Cisco LAN / WAN environment.
- Minimum of 1 years experience managing and supporting Enterprise level firewalls.
- Demonstrated proficiency in designing, implemented, and maintaining complex networks.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Cisco Prime, Cisco ACS, Rivebed, Solarwinds, and Cisco WLC.
- Demonstrated proficiency with EIGRP, BGP, OSPF, MPLS, ACL, VPN, QoS, VoIP, and Video.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP and diagnosing packet captures
- Demonstrated experience in multi-site environments and data centers
- Experience with structured wiring
- Experience with Cisco Nexus switches
- Experience with F5 LTM / GTM / APM
- Experiences with Palo Alto Firewalls
- Experience performing wireless surveys for AP placement
- Experience with Cisco ASA
- Experience with Cisco Video Conferencing
- Experience with Avaya CM, Aura, and CMS
- Experience in Cisco Voice
- College degree - Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience.
- Cisco CCNA
- Cisco CCNA Wireless or Voice
- F5 LTM/GTM with APM a plus
- Strong organizational and communications skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Work closely with others in IT and the business units
- Work independently with minimal direction
Qualified and successful candidates will have at least 5 years of IT experience with at least 3 years of experience working in a complex network and 1 year firewall administration. Proven experience defining and implementing best practices and hands-on work with firewalls, routers, switches, load balancers, and wireless within a production environment are required.