System Engineer for our Washington, DC area to support our client's IT business operations, interfacing on-site with various Government l work directly with the Agency clients to administer and manage LAN, business applications, client software, network devices, and Government owned equipment. Based on the client's environment, the successful applicant is preferred to have an active Client Public Trust in order to meet clearance requirements for the position. Key Responsibilities:
- Oversee development and maintenance of Windows Domain, servers, desktops / laptops, and Cisco wired/wireless network environment
- Identify departmental needs and make suggestions regarding IT security improvements and operational efficiencies
- Configure and install computer systems, applications, software updates and security patches
- Ensure network connectivity of organization is on par with technical consideration and SLA
- Manage administration of user authentication and authorization in Active Directory and Group Policy
- Maintain network functionalities in OS machines, such as drivers and settings of servers, PCs, network printers, etc.
- Assist in one-to-one knowledge transfer, troubleshooting problems, and supporting tickets/incidents reported by system users
- Maintain and manage operational integrity of the network, server, user clients, and system security
- Engage in continuous learning to stay abreast on new and emerging technologies
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience and/or military experience
- Ability to demonstrate technical knowledge and consultative skills.
- Strong communication skills and attention to detail
- Strong critical thinking, complex problem solving, appropriate judgment, and decision making skills.
- Ability to perform tasks with minor supervision
- Solid documentation experience with Visio, Word, Excel
- Ambitious and goal oriented, with initiative to work until job is complete.
- Technical knowledge and experience in one or more of the following areas
- Cisco wired/wireless network design and configuration
- Windows servers, computer systems, desktop applications, and network security
- Managing Active Directory, Group Policies, and Domains
- Working knowledge of Office 365 and vSphere is a plus
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of experience
- Relevant Microsoft, Cisco or Industry Certifications
- CompTIA Network+ or Security+
Technical Resource Manager | MatchPoint Solutions | Office 925-829-7755 | Cell 408-718-6170| Email email@example.com