Location: Monterey Park, CA (Onsite)
Duration: 10+ months
Our group operates Splunk, an operational big data intelligence software, as a service for various teams within the enterprise. We are seeking a motivated engineer to continue to build up our Splunk implementation, and to help our customers to fully utilize the power of Splunk. As a member of the team, the Splunk engineer will implement various solutions on Splunk, as well as supporting test and production Splunk installations. Successful candidates need to possess expert level hands-on solution building and administrative experience in Splunk. In addition, This level has all the tasks of a Senior Specialist with the added task of integrating information and network security CSOC and APP-SOC-MONITORING solutions. Enforce Splunk security strategies and support existing Splunk systems in accordance with policies, standards, guidelines and procedures.
Use of the following:
- Deployment and support of the full lifecycle of Splunk Enterprise
- Design, implement, document, and handle all aspects of Linux as it relates to Splunk
- Identify repetitive, manual tasks and automate them
- Develop effective tooling, alerts, and response to both identify and address reliability risks
- Provide technical leadership and mentor junior team members
- Build with quality and integrity
Expertise in virtualization technologies:
Configuration management system:
- Microsoft Hyper-V
- A strong understanding of high-traffic, large-scale distributed systems and the ability to perform root cause analysis on stability and performance related events in such environments
- Familiarity with continuous integration and continuous deployment systems and the ability to describe pros, cons, and pitfalls of the various solutions.
- High familiarity with Git and version control systems
- Experience with Linux systems; must understand how processes, users, groups, privileges and package managers work
- Hands on experience in backup and restore tools.
- Experience with automation and configuration management systems such as Puppet, Ansible, Salt, etc.
- Expert proficiency in UNIX scripting languages (Bash, Ruby, Python) and some experience with compiled languages (Go, Java, etc)
- Experience with configuration and troubleshooting of Linux, Java, Tomcat, and other middleware technologies
- Passion for resolving reliability issues and identify strategies to mitigate going forward
- Experience with Cloud Computing platforms (particularly AWS) a plus
- Strong Linux system-level analysis capabilities
- Passion for clear communication, especially prioritizing concerns to align with the team and business goals.
- Deep network analysis experience
- Thorough understanding of networking
- Support large-scale deployments with data feeds from multiple data centers
- Develop Splunk correlation searches to identify and address emerging security threats through the use of continuous monitoring, alerting and analytics
- Installing, configuring and administering Splunk Enterprise Server and Splunk Universal/heavy forwarders in large distributed environment
- Installing and configuring Splunk apps in a clustered environment
- Administering Splunk knowledge objects
- Creating roles and user authentication
- Integrating events from non-traditional log services
- Administering Splunk cluster components (search head cluster, indexer cluster and distributed management console) including version upgrades, permissions, and audit compliance
- Mentoring other Information Security team members to support and assist in Splunk-related activities
- Assists in setting business driven SLAs and owns evolving the environment to meet or exceed those SLAs.
- Performs advanced troubleshooting and issue resolution for all supported systems.
- Utilize monitoring tools for performance monitoring and capacity management. Plan proactive system changes/upgrades based on performance and capacity data.
- Create and maintain documentation for team standards, procedures, common issue resolution for other IT staff and systems users.
- Participate in team on-call rotation schedules. On-call provides 24/7 availability during rotation to support issues and assist team with scheduled operational tasks after production hours.
- Position requires working after normal business hours to implement changes to supported systems.
- Demonstrate good judgment by escalating issues to the manager when appropriate.
Technical Resource Manager | MatchPoint Solutions | Office 925-829-7755 | Cell 408-718-6170| Email firstname.lastname@example.org