Location: San Diego, CA
Work Location: Onsite.
Role: Senior ITSM Consultant
Duration: 6 months (extensions likely)
- Responsible for decisions related to prioritization and escalation of major production incidents, technical and business communication on outages and continuous improvement scoping and prioritization.
- Hosts Major Incident calls towards driving fast incident resolution.
- Hosts Major Problem Review calls to determine root cause and action plan towards preventing problem recurrence.
- Manages the life cycle of all Major Incidents records from escalation to resolution and Major Problems records from root cause investigation to permanent problem resolution and closure.
- Owns the Major Incident and Problem Management process, prioritizing with business stakeholders and ensuring the most critical incidents are addressed timely and successfully restored.
- Effectively communicates issues to engineers and leadership within support teams, and resolutions or work-around to the customer as appropriate.
- Owns Problem Management validation of known error resolution and final validation, protecting the production environment.
- Partners with Service Delivery and Application Support teams to collaborate on Continuous Improvement efforts and drive stability on Production environment.
- Engages on ITSM projects and any related initiatives with little to no supervision.
- Possess project delivery skills and experience working directly with stakeholders, customers, and clients.
- 7+ years of sound experience in Incident Management/Problem Management processes.
- 5+ plus years working as Incident Manager or Problem Manager in a corporate environment and have been directly involved in two or more SDLC related phases
- Thorough understanding of ITIL/ITSM processes with deep knowledge of Problem Management. Should know the various ITSM stages: Incident Management, Problem Management, Change Management, Configuration Management, Knowledge Management, Release and Deployment Management, Service Catalogue Management, Availability Management, Continuous Improvement, Service reporting and KPIs.
- Broad understanding of all aspects of applications and infrastructure components.
- Proficient in ITSM tools like: Cherwell, and ServiceNow
- Knowledge of Risk Management, Compliance, Audit, Information Security and Technical Privacy.
- Ability to influence others at all levels of an organization with proven leadership skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively to team members on a regular basis.
- Ability to work across functional areas to drive continuous improvement.
- Ability to work in challenging and ambiguous environments.
- ITIL Foundations Certification required
Technical Resource Manager | MatchPoint Solutions | Office 925-829-7755 | Cell 408-718-6170| Email firstname.lastname@example.org