MatchPoint Solutions is for candidates looking for a challenging career in a progressive company. MatchPoint and its clients are always looking for the qualified candidates, hiring directly out of top universities as well as experienced individuals from the industry.
Business Objects Engineer / Administrator
This position will provide system administration services for the SAP Business Objects platform for an enterprise environment. This includes management of the software, servers and content within the environment to provide a robust scalable platform for future growth in a multi-tenant environment.
· Perform system administration duties such as software deployments, system backups, software patching and upgrades.
· Monitor the environment to proactively identify, troubleshoot and resolve issues. Conduct root cause analysis to identify and resolve complex problems impacting service levels
· Administer security permissions, and ensure compliance to required corporate standards, procedures, guidelines and processes, including audits.
· Document the configuration of the system, system controls, and procedures.
· Other duties as assigned or requested.
· Collaborate with other team members as a member of a SAFe Agile delivery team.
· 2 - 5 years of experience deploying and administering a Business Objects platform in an enterprise environment that is externally facing. This include installation, configuration, monitoring, tuning and end user support.
· A minimum of 1-2 years developing reports and metadata using Business Objects
· Strong understanding of relational database technology (RDBMS)
· Strong analytical and organization skills
· Effective communication skills to collaborate with team members and management, including assisting with or conducting technical walkthroughs, reporting project status, enabling vendor solutions and providing accurate and concise documentation
· Knowledge of MS-SQL and Hadoop is a plus
· Knowledge of Apache is a plus
· Ability to solve problems and apply resolutions
· Ability to work independently, and as a member of a team
· Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and time-management skills
· Working knowledge of AGILE, SCRUM and Application Lifecycle Management
Technical Resource Manager | MatchPoint Solutions | Office 925-829-7755 | Cell 408-718-6170| Email firstname.lastname@example.org