IT Security Solutions Architect
Location: Richmond, VA
Duration: 12-18 months
Derive security solution specifications from business requirements, and design security solutions that support core organizational functions, and assure their confidentiality, integrity and high availability. Gain organizational commitment for security systems and software plans, as well as assist to evaluate and select security technologies required to complete those plans. Provide integrated security-related technical expertise across the organization, from conceptualization and project planning to the post-implementation support level. Principally works, under limited supervision, with Corporate Information Security (CIS) personnel, Line of Business (LOB) personnel, external vendors, and internal IT Services personnel including Enterprise Security Architects, Application & Data Services personnel and other IT Operations Services teams, to develop solution specifications, in compliance with corporate standards for architecture adherence and performance guidelines.
- Provide security solution expertise, requirements, and assistance to Systems Analysts, Systems Engineers, other Solutions Architects, and application development teams.
- Confer with end-users, clients, or senior management to define security requirements for complex systems and development.
- Where applicable, design, and oversee development and implementation of end-to-end integrated secure solutions.
- Ability to work with security practitioners, vendors, and 3rd party resources and be able to communicate for all things security related
- Document the company's existing security architecture and technology portfolio; make recommendations for improvements and/or alternatives.
- Liaison with Enterprise Security Architects to conduct research on emerging technologies, and recommend technologies that will increase operational efficiency, infrastructure flexibility and operational stability.
- Develop, document, communicate, and enforce a policy for secure systems and software as necessary.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical or business field, or equivalent education and related training.
- Agile work environment experience
- Five years of demonstrated experience of systems engineering in at least two of the information technology areas of networking, telecommunications, desktops, servers, storage, security and web in a medium to large corporation.
- Exposure to and good working knowledge of cloud security, application security, infrastructure security, endpoint security, data protection, encryption, etc.…
- Ability to derive technical specifications from business requirements and express complex technical concepts in terms that are understandable to multi-disciplinary teams, in verbal as well as in written form.
- Ability to grasp the 'big picture' for a solution by considering all potential options and impacted areas.
- Aptitude to understand and adapt to newer technologies.
- Excellent understanding of client service models and customer orientation in service delivery.
- Excellent PC skills, including Microsoft Office products.
Technical Resource Manager | MatchPoint Solutions |
Office 925-829-7755 |