Our client is in immediate need of someone to assist with AdminStudio and Windows 10 implementation. Here is more detail on the project.
ADMINSTUDIO SETUP AND CONFIGURATION
Install AdminStudio Enterprise in Licensee’s environment. The configuration and implementation of AdminStudio will be performed at Licensee’s site. This phase involves installation, configuration, and validation of the AdminStudio environment on Licensee’s servers.
1. Install AdminStudio Enterprise (client only).
2. Create a new database in SQL Server 2012.
3. Set up AdminStudio Shared Location, Software Repository and Network Repository.
4. Configure AdminStudio for automatic connection to the database.
5. Configure shared Repackager, custom exclusion lists and import options, and set up packaging folder structure.
6. Create AdminStudio packaging workflow templates (process assistants) for migrating applications to Windows 10
7. Associate help files with the process assistants.
8. Train inside staff on how to use AdminStudio
APPLICATION MIGRATION TO WINDOW 10
Candidate will work with AdminStudio to migrate Licensee’s existing applications into new Symantec Altiris environment. This migration will include the following:
1. Import applications from a file share.
2. Run automated compatibility tests against Windows 10 builds and automatic fixes
3. Review installation scripts that are associated with each application and set the appropriate command lines in Application Manager.
4. Publish each application into Altiris 8.1
5. Verify that each application will install on a Windows 10 test computer via Altiris 8.1
SKILL SETS AND QUALIFICATIONS
1. 5 years plus actual use of Admin Studio including setup, installation, configuration and training of staff
2. 5 years plus preparing and managing software packages for delivery within Symantec Altiris including detection checks, pre-requisites, command lines, platform, etc.
3. Demonstrated knowledge using Admin Studio to assess Windows 10 readiness after applications are packaged
4. 3 years experiencing building complex scripts with PowerShell
5. Identity and remediation of conflicts within packages
6. 3 years SQL scripting experience
7. In depth knowledge of Active Directory (AD) and proven ability to review AD policies
8. Certification in MCSE a plus'