|Sr Oracle Apps Lead DBA - Database Administrator
Reporting to the Technical Manager of Oracle Financials in the University IT (UIT), this position provides critical applications and database administration services and support of enterprise business systems for the University. A successful candidate will have demonstrated experience with the installation and maintenance of stable production and development infrastructure.Must have worked on Oracle EBS 12.2.
Install, configure, upgrade, administer, monitor, and maintain operationally efficient web, application servers, Oracle eBusiness Suite 12.2, and databases under minimal supervision.
- Install, configure, and support database management systems (Oracle, MongoDB & SQLServer databases) and related software to resolve highly complex and/or unique issues without precedent and/or structure. Work on databases using more advanced database administration concepts.
- Install, Upgrade, Configure, Clone, Patching & Managing of Oracle eBusiness Suite 12.2
- Design, develop, and maintain highly-available databases.
- Take responsibility for database design and performance optimization, backup and recovery strategies and implementation, as well as monitoring the overall health of the database environment.
- Execute complete database solutions from evaluation to implementation.
- Provide on-going system administration and technical infrastructure support.
- Review the physical and logical design of databases for optimal database structures, performance tuning, security, and database backup/recovery. Plan and implement pro-active and reactive performance analysis, monitoring, troubleshooting, and capacity planning.
- Evaluate and test marketplace tools and utilities, including system integration and automation, which enhance server functionality and promote the development of RDBMS applications.
- Develop and maintain efficient and appropriate connectivity solutions between various campus databases to ensure necessary data is available as needed.
- Create data flow and data lifecycle documentation.
- Develop and enforce database standards and/or new development protocols.
* - Other duties may also be assigned
Education & Experience:
Minimum of Bachelor's degree
15-20+ years of relevant experience or a combination of education and relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated experience in the support requirements of large database applications/systems including performance analysis and tuning of high volume, transaction systems.
- Knowledge of hierarchical database systems.
- Extensive knowledge of systems platform.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in the design and implementation of complex database architecture.
- Ability to do database backup, restore and troubleshooting database related issues.
- Good experience in programming environments.
- At least 2 years of operational experience in Oracle eBusiness Suite R12.2
- Good understanding of Oracle Fusion Middleware 11g and 12c.
- Ability to develop a vision for future computing needs and to develop appropriate plans to meet these needs.
- Ability to work well independently or as a team member.
- Ability to maintain knowledge of new and current technology and trends.
- Ability to collaborate with vendors and system service providers, provide administration for system solutions, and act as a liaison.
- Extensive experience with database and Application security protocol.
- Strong Oracle Applications DBA with 12.2 skills with extensive experience in cloning and performance tuning
- Experience of Apache, Tomcat and Weblogic are highly preferred.
- Strong experience of SSL Certificate management with wallet, keytool & openssl are highly preferred.
- Knowledge of Python/Shell scripts programming are preferred
- Experience in Managing Oracle SOA 12c is a plus
- Experience in configuring SAML is a plus
- Experience working in Cloud environment is a plus
- Experience working in Sybase environment is a plus
Certifications and Licenses:
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently sit, grasp lightly/fine manipulation.
- Occasionally stand/walk, use a telephone.
- Rarely writing by hand, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
- Extended and weekend hours.
- Must be available for on-call work.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with university colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures
- We are not able to provide sponsorship or relocation for this position.