MatchPoint Solutions is for candidates looking for a challenging career in a progressive company. MatchPoint and its clients are always looking for the qualified candidates, hiring directly out of top universities as well as experienced individuals from the industry.
We are looking for Release Engineer for direct client in Seattle, WA. Please let me know if you would be interested. This is Contract to Hire role.
For this position you will work between the development and operational teams providing support for upcoming deployments. This includes working through technical build and deployment issues and ensuring compliance with the release management process. Additional responsibilities include reporting for upcoming releases and enhancements to internal processes.
You will be accountable for the following:
• Contribute to and coordinate the branching and merging of multiple sets of code to create the various releases.
• Ensure that developed components have technical integrity and stability, being ultimately responsible for governing acceptance criteria for a release.
• Make recommendations on specific aspects of the operating and strategic plans of the Release Management function.
• Review play by play deployment scripts.
• Drive all project release coordination meetings.
• Maintain the overall release schedule.
• Ensure compliance & signoff’s for all releases to the production site.
• Actively review existing policies and processes for efficiencies.
• Facilitate builds for upcoming releases.
• Manage the promotion/demotion of code through various non production environments.
• Manage the configuration management process.
• Manage the Change Management Process with the Project Management Office and Operations.
• Troubleshoot failed builds & deployments.
• Coordinate consistent release notes.
Skills and competencies required :
• Qualifications: 3-5 years of experience in a technical capacity in a release management and operations organization.
• Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physical Sciences, Engineering or related field .
• Solid understanding of ROR/Unix technology stack.
• Expert in code branching and merging principals.
• In Depth experience with governance and configuration/change management around multiple code bases.
• Solid experience of managing multiple parallel releases in an agile development (Scrum) environment.
• Experience rolling out multiple deployments for various districts/countries with unique configurations.
• Experience working with a high volume, high availability E-commerce web site.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Experience with Bitbucket, Jenkins, AWS
• Strong attention to detail.
• Strong collaboration skills.
Resource Manager | MatchPoint Solutions | Office 925-828-7796 | Cell 925-818-4052 | Email firstname.lastname@example.org