Locations: Seattle, WA
Duration: 6 months (potential to convert FTE- candidates must be eligible to convert without sponsorship)
- Cisco Certification in one or more of the following: CCVP, CCNA, CUCM, CME, or CUC.
- Knowledge of, and experience in converged technologies including TDM and IP voice, UC messaging, and data networking
- In-depth knowledge of network design and voice systems, including: All levels of Cisco switches and routers, Avaya Definity G3, Cisco Unified Communication Manager, Dial plan configuration and network routing, SIP, H232, PRI and WAN protocols, Messaging systems-Audix, CUC, LYNC/OCS, Mobility and Presence, Smartphone/Blackberry integration/support, Voice and video conferencing design and support
- Detailed knowledge of voice and data network copper and fiber cabling infrastructure in a multi-campus environment
-Responsible for the design, implementation and support/maintenance of the Cisco enterprise voice platform, including the associated network. This includes CUCM, CME, CUC, contact center, voice and video conferencing, fixed and mobile device integration, and mobility/presence. Provide additional support of associated systems/applications, including Amtelco Definity, Red Alert, Web on Call, NICE voice logger, and others.
-Provide day-to-day administration, operation, maintenance, troubleshooting, and support for an advanced voice and network system that could involve multi-vendor systems using a common advanced communications core.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong documentation and communication skills in both verbal and written forms
- Strong leadership and motivation skills, and ability to effectively oversee a team of technical professionals
- Able to effectively mentor technical staff
- Able to troubleshoot complex voice and data network issues, including QoS configurations for converged technologies
- Able to work with changing work priorities and deadlines
- Able to comprehend, analyze and research problems of a complex nature, make sound judgment decisions and recommendations regarding potential solutions
- Able to establish and maintain effective work relationships with co-workers and others, interacting and maintaining a strong sense of teamwork and collaboration
- Able to write reports, routine business correspondence and documentation
- Able to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, clients and customers
- Able to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Able to effectively prioritize heavy workload and meet tight deadlines
- Able to manage concepts and details, quickly understand complex operational and technical issues, and identify/develop responsive solutions
- Able to remain focused, effectively adapt to a rapidly changing environment, and respond quickly in emergency situations.
Will consult with leadership to develop/maintain business critical communications and/or network-based voice product systems, including planning, designing and implementing scalable local and wide-area network solutions between multiple platforms and protocols (including IP and VoIP). Responsible for system performance; oversees/troubleshoots voice issues and coordinates installation efforts with appropriate vendors. The incumbent will guide and mentor other voice engineers as well as work with other systems consultants and systems analysts in a cross team capacity. The incumbent will serve as a "go to" resource for IS, user and vendor personnel, and will provide learned counsel and advice to IS leadership on matters of voice system design and architecture. Leveraging expertise and experience, the incumbent will develop solutions that best align with Client's voice network requirements, identifying cost-effective implementation and long-term support strategies.