San Francisco, CA
Things done with Python:
Nice to have in Python:
- Built an application, toolkit or framework of consisting of at least 6 python files organized into two or more packages.
- Used the standard libraries: abc, threading, unittest, os, sys, pickle, sqlite3, queue, multiprocessing, socket, pdb, timeit, etc.
- Has profiled code to diagnose performance bottleneck
- Understands advanced features of the languages, including decorators, metaclasses, reflection and makes good choices about when to use these features in small doses
- Basic understanding of the CPython Interpreter
3rd Party Python Packages:
- Has used the Python scientific packages, Pandas, Numpy, Scipy, Matplotlib and Simpy
Things done with Spark:
- Jupyter Client
- Jupyter Core
- Wrapping C Libraries in Python Code
- Handled an array of data 10TB or more in size where the amount of available memory is 1TB or less.
- Basic understanding of the spark architecture in a cluster environment
- Wrote custom algorithms to do whatever, e.g. count number of times a regex is found, small scale simulation
- Solid understanding of computer science fundamentals (Threads/Processes, Linux OS, Networking, Object-Oriented/Procedural/Functional Programing, Dynamic Languages vs Static Languages, Trees and their algorithms)
- Education or experience with Math (Calculus – Integrations/Derivatives and other complex calculations)
- Basic understanding of how compilers work
- Has written meaningful programs in C or C++
- Software Lifecycle: Unit Testing, Functional Testing, Debugging, Documenting, User Feedback, Git, Jira bug tracker, Code Refactoring
- Most importantly friendly attitude, team player and good thinker who likes to discuss things.