- Perform quality control reviews of all approved, withdrawn and declined loans (consumer mortgages). Includes pre and post-closing file reviews.
- Policy and procedure development for compliance requirements related to commercial lending practices.
- Evaluating adequacy of existing policies and procedures and making recommendations for changes
- Providing support in the quarterly HMDA data collection and reporting process.
- Home mortgage disclosure act – bank has to report on this (required in banking)
- Providing support in compliance reviews
- Depending on results of loan reviews, will be meeting with team to go over results
- Provide Quality Assurance support to mortgage partners in order to ensure appropriate disclosures are provided to customers in compliance with applicable laws and regulations
- Banking experience
- Extensive mortgage lending experience preferably in a compliance/audit/regulatory role; Will consider experience as a loan processor or underwriter
- Ability to craft compliance policies, procedures, and guidelines to comply with regulatory requirements specifically as it pertains to commercial lending
- Familiarity with mortgage and commercial lending - loan production, loan servicing, lending compliance, collections and credit administration
- Don’t have commercial lending experience at the bank, so would be great to have someone with that experience that can help create P&Ps for this new commercial lending division
- Also no one currently doing loan reviews at the bank, so critical to have someone with that experience
- Familiarity of loan package disclosures
- Knowledge of FDIC rules and regulations, state and federal banking laws
- Strong written skills for policy and procedure development
- MS Office proficiency
- Must be a quick learner who is adaptable and eager to learn about new business models
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Articulate at a high-level what they’re doing, what the loan results are
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to interact with many different groups/individuals in a team setting
- Past experience in organizing, prioritizing, and handling multiple tasks with a high level of efficiency
- Adapting to and working effectively within a variety of situations
- 1-2 weeks of training in Henderson if working in Plano
- CRCM certification
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to seek out and offer business-oriented solutions to complex compliance problems
- Familiarity with deposit accounts (e.g., Certificates of Deposits, Money Market Accounts, and Savings Accounts).
- Knowledge of Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) and Anti-Money Laundering laws and regulations