The Global Mobility Specialist will provide subject matter expertise for relocation, immigration, taxation and related processes to resolve complex issues and queries in a timely manner for our stakeholders [Employees, hiring managers, talent acquisition, HR, payroll, benefits, etc]. The successful candidate will partner with stakeholders as well as external providers, to ensure a highly efficient and smooth experience for transferees, assignees and new hires. This will include administering both intra-country and cross-border moves as well as immigration sponsorship for new hires in the US and abroad.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Manage international assignments and transfers throughout their lifecycle including:
- running cost projections,
- articulating and organizing immigration and relocation procedures,
- administering an assignment and/or relocation agreement,
- coordinating all efforts with internal and external partners to ensure a highly efficient and smooth experience for participants.
- Respond to high volume of global emails and phone calls to communicate policy, procedures, and resolve immigration, relocation, assignment or tax related questions from stakeholders.
- Work closely with service providers such as tax consultants, external immigration counsel and relocation vendors to ensure timely, high quality services are provided and SLAs are met.
- Conduct US visa sponsorship assessments in partnership with Talent Acquisition, HR and/or Hiring managers.
- Monitor progress for all US immigration cases in conjunction with external immigration counsel, identify long term sponsorship issues and communicate risk to talent acquisition/hiring manager.
- Coordinate recruitment process for US permanent resident applications, in conjunction with sponsoring manager and external immigration counsel.
- Coordinate posting of LCA notices for timely H-1B filings
- Assist external immigration counsel with audit/RFE requests from US DOL and USCIS.
- Manage USCIS site visits.
- Answer process and policy questions for immigration sponsorship and relocation services from internal stakeholders.
- Track and maintain immigration and relocation files in accordance with audit standards.
- Assist with daily administration of mobility related tasks (review of vendor invoices, record keeping, tracking and updating databases etc.).
- Partner with stakeholders to resolve exception requests and escalations.
Desired Skills & Experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Minimum of 8 years in overall Global Mobility experience:
- This must consist of at least 6 years of corporate immigration experience with NIV [L-1A/B, H-1B, TN, E-3, J-1, O-1, F-1/J-1/L-1 conversion to H-1B] and IV matters [PERM - including Notice and Consider, MM I-140 and OR] At least 4 years of experience administering a relocation program with permanent transfers and assignees.
- Experience should come from in house corporate setting or immigration firm experience.
- Experience required in corporate immigration [US inbound and Global Visas (UK, EMEA, Canada, APJ region)], as well as domestic and international relocation and managing assignees.
- Tax experience for managing assignees is highly desired.
- Experience working in a role that requires a high degree of confidentiality.
- High level of organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent written and oral communication.
- Demonstrated strong teamwork and collaborative skills working in a dynamic and changing multinational organization.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint), Thomson Reuter Legal Tracker, and Avature.
- Problem solving mindset.
- Patience working through resolution of issues/escalations from program participants and stakeholders.