Green card/US Citizens only
Senior Database Administrator 2
Reporting to the Technical Manager of Advancement Systems in IT (UIT), this position provides critical applications and database administration services and support of enterprise business systems for University client. A successful candidate will have demonstrated experience with the installation and maintenance of stable production and development infrastructure.
Install, configure, upgrade, administer, monitor, and maintain operationally efficient web, application servers, Sybase and Oracle databases under minimal supervision.
- Install, configure, and support database management systems (Sybase and Oracle databases) and related software to resolve highly complex and/or unique issues without precedent and/or structure. Work on databases using more advanced database administration concepts.
- Design, develop, and maintain highly-available databases.
- Take responsibility for database design and performance optimization, backup and recovery strategies and implementation, as well as monitoring the overall health of the database environment.
- Execute complete database solutions from evaluation to implementation.
- Provide on-going system administration and technical infrastructure support.
- Review the physical and logical design of databases for optimal database structures, performance tuning, security, and database backup/recovery. Plan and implement pro-active and reactive performance analysis, monitoring, troubleshooting, and capacity planning.
- Evaluate and test marketplace tools and utilities, including system integration and automation, which enhance server functionality and promote the development of RDBMS applications.
- Develop and maintain efficient and appropriate connectivity solutions between various campus databases to ensure necessary data is available as needed.
- Develop and enforce database standards and/or new development protocols.
- Install, patch, configure, monitor, tune and deploy web application server JBoss, apache, tomcat
- * - Other duties may also be assigned
Education & Experience:
Certifications and Licenses:
- Bachelor's degree and 8-10 years of relevant experience or a combination of education and relevant experience.
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated experience in the support requirements of large database applications/systems including performance analysis and tuning of high volume, transaction systems. .
- Extensive knowledge and experience in the design and implementation of complex database architecture.
- Ability to do database backup, restore and troubleshooting database related issues.
- Ability to develop a vision for future computing needs and to develop appropriate plans to meet these needs.
- Ability to work well independently or as a team member.
- Ability to maintain knowledge of new and current technology and trends.
- Ability to collaborate with vendors and system service providers, provide administration for system solutions, and act as a liaison.
- Implement or Renew SSL certificate for web/app servers.
- Extensive experience with database and Application security protocol.
- Desired Skills
- Strong Sybase Database Adminstration and Oracle Database Administration skills with extensive experience in cloning, monitoring. backup/recovery and performance tuning
- Experience of web http and application server such as JBoss, Apache, Tomcat and Weblogic are highly preferred.
- Experience of SSL Certificate management with wallet, keytool & openssl are highly preferred.
- Knowledge of Phyton/Shell scripts programming are preferred
- Experience in Sales force platform is a plus.
- Experience working in Cloud environment is a plus
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently sit, grasp lightly/fine manipulation.
- Occasionally stand/walk, use a telephone.
- Rarely writing by hand, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.
- * - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
- Extended and weekend hours.
- Must be available for on-call work.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- We are not able to provide sponsorship or relocation for this position.
- Skills Strong Sybase Database Adminstration and Oracle Database Administration skills with extensive experience in cloning, monitoring. backup/recovery and performance tuning
Technical Recruiter | MatchPoint Solutions | Office: 925-829-4077 9-5PM PST | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org