The Linux Build Engineer will be part of the Delivery Team working in conjunction with the Design and BAU team. The Delivery Team supports projects and this individual will build servers as part of project deliverables.
Technical competencies (required):
- 4+ years of release, build, deployment and tools experience with web-based software products/application
- Build, configure and deploy Linux Boxes
- Publish Build-To and review the As-Built documentation for current and new server related design deployments
- Deep and wide understanding of Linux Operating Systems, Virtualization platforms, Cloud Computing, Configuration Management tools (example: Puppet, CloudBolt) and strong familiarity with Oracle and/or SQL databases, VMWare and/or HyperV
- Firm grasp of scripting techniques including Linux scripting language, Python, ksh, bash, shell scripting is highly desired
- Strong working knowledge of security best practices for implementing highly secure Linux solutions
- Experience with configuration, administration and performance troubleshooting experience for Linux OS, apache/tomcat, and database servers running on Linux.
- Hands-on experience on Puppet, Satellite, REPOs , and Linux automation
- Knowledge of Server hardening, system monitoring, performance tuning and process mapping
- Works well in a fast paced, collaborative environment
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Computer Sciences, Engineering, or related field (an equivalent combination of related education, training, and experience may be considered)
- Must have Redhat Linux, Unix and AIX, certification a plus
- 7+ years of a managing Linux Operating Systems in an enterprise environment
- Fundamental understanding of deploying and supporting Linux servers in a highly available and fault tolerant enterprise level environment.
- Delivered fully integrated, automated, and highly available Linux provisioning process with enterprise level tools and technologies.
- Proficient computer skills including business applications such as MS Windows a
Technical Recruiter | MatchPoint Solutions |
Office: 925-829-4002 9-5PM PST |
Like us on Facebook:
Follow us on Twitter:
For additional job listings, please visit our careers page at: