MatchPoint Solutions is for candidates looking for a challenging career in a progressive company. MatchPoint and its clients are always looking for the qualified candidates, hiring directly out of top universities as well as experienced individuals from the industry.
Senior Network Security Engineer/F5 Architect – Charlotte, NC
The Senior Network Security Engineer/F5 Architect will serve as a Subject Matter Expert in supporting F5 load balancers Big-IP Infrastructure which includes Local Traffic Manager (LTM), Global Traffic Manager (GTM), Application Security Manager (ASM) and Access Policy Manager (APM).
• Responsible for researching, designing, building, testing, deploying, analyzing, administering, and maintaining the enterprise F5 network environments (hardware, software and configuration components) needed to meet current and future customer/business needs
• Extensive experience in application switching and traffic management, deep knowledge of application requirements (persistence, HA, failover options, scalability, optimization of connections and protocols)
• Fluency with F5 cli/tmsh, writing/reading/modifying configurations
• iRules and Data Groups fluency required
• Expert knowledge of load balancing architectures (one-arm, two-arm routed, transparent) and their implications on traffic flow; SNAT, DNAT, NAT, Policy Based Routing; and the ability to select the optimal choice given specific application requirements
• In depth knowledge of SSL cryptographic protocols and ability to leverage F5 BIG-IP Application Delivery Controllers in performing SSL offload (client decryption) and server encryption solutions.
• Expert knowledge of application monitors - design, configuration and troubleshooting
• Well versed with Application Partitions, Route Domains & vCMP on Viprion and appliance platforms
• Big-IP DNS (GTM) integration with F5 LTMs and Infoblox DNS, Wide IPs, concepts of HA using GTM versus LTM or both, DNS zone transfers and delegation, iQuery protocol concepts and setup, GTM configuration using CLI
• Some experience and a good understanding of F5 ASM & APM modules
• Hand on experience with F5 REST API, creating RESTfull API using PHP desired
• Expert knowledge of HTTP protocol – versions, headers, methods, status codes, requirements
• Expert knowledge of troubleshooting tools – TCPdump, ssldump, openssl, QKview, logs, curl, Wireshark, Fiddler, Postman, etc.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
• 4+ years’ experience in network infrastructure planning, design, and implementation in a large enterprise environment.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, CIS, or related field and 4+ years of experience in an IT support environment with technical experience in distributed technologies and systems development. Additional equivalent work experience may be substituted for the degree requirement.
• Experience with the following network platform: F5 LTM (Local Traffic Manager) Virtual Servers iRules Pools & Server Nodes F5 GTM (Global Traffic Manager) Wide IP’s Global Load balancing DNS
• Master's Degree in Computer Science, CIS, or related field
• 2+ years of experience leading technical or project teams with or without direct reports
• 1+ years of work experience in an IT role requiring interaction with senior management (i.e., Director level or higher) • 2+ years of experience working in a large matrixed organization
• 2+ years of experience working with third party IT vendors and/or systems solution providers
• 2+ years of IT experience in the retail industry
• 2+ years of experience writing technical documentation in an infrastructure development environment
• 2+ years’ experience in the design and implementation of complex network infrastructure solutions.
• 2+ years of experience working with network diagnostic and management tools.
• 2+ years’ experience in the configuration and management network routers and switches.
• 2+ years’ experience in firewall and/or security platform design and implementation.
• 2+ years’ experience working with load balancing technologies.
• 2+ years’ experience in the design and implementation of IP services, DNS, and/or DHCP solutions.
• 2+ years’ experience in the design and implementation of VOIP, call center technologies, and or PBX solutions.
• Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) certification.
• InfoSys Security Engineering Professional (ISSEP/CISSP) certification.
• Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) certification.
• Cisco Certified Design Professional or Associate (CCDP/CCDA) certification(s).
• Experience with ecommerce & Akamai CDN integration desired
Technical Resource Manager | MatchPoint Solutions | Office 925-829-7755 | Email firstname.lastname@example.org