Cyber Security Communications Coordinator located in San Francisco, CA. This position will be focused on providing communications to end users for cyber security related projects.
Duration: 6+ months
Location: San Francisco, CA (possibly San Ramon or Concord as well)
Under general supervision responsible for creating employee security project communications that empowers team members to be the first line of defense against internal or external attacks or attempts to infiltrate “Client”, for both physical and cyber systems. Creates a culture change through deployment of security awareness messaging through publications, events, video, training and phishing programs. Responsible for developing, status reporting of complex and cross-organization, project communications.
- Security Org – This team has to communicate on several different initiatives. Currently 2 people do communication and training for the enterprise. They need someone who can take on project communication work.
- Example: If there is a project that needs communication - like contractors now have to use Citrix instead of VPN, they work with project teams to understand what ramifications and impact to end users would be and find right vehicle to communicate that out and understand what change management is. Who needs to know? How much time ahead does this need to be communicated, etc.?
- Need to understand who the audience is and get message out.
- Create a draft, gets reviewed by project team and then goes out to users.
- Templates are used to communicate out so just need to be strong with MS Office tools.
- Promote a Culture of Security throughout the enterprise by developing project and awareness communications
- Partner with project manager and change leaders to enable their desired outcomes
- Develop project communications to increase employee understanding of company security policies, data handling practices and procedures and legal obligations
- Correlate project and awareness communications to business or mission requirements
- Create project communication tailored to the audience and physical environment
- Ability to form complex 'communications / messages' in a simple, clear and concise manner to the various communities at all levels of the organization
- Ability to produce technical documentation
- Experience creating content for articles, blogs, presentations and other materials
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office tools
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and leadership skills
- Bachelor's degree in a computer, marketing or communications related field or five or more years of work experience
- Five or more years of relevant experience
- Self-motivated and takes ownership for assigned areas of responsibility and effectively manages work load to meet team deadlines
- Ability to apply critical reading/thinking skills
- Ability to evaluate information for reliability, validity, and relevance
- Ability to understand the basic concepts and issues related to cyber and its organizational impact
- Ability to function in a collaborative environment, seeking continuous consultation with other analysts and expert to leverage analytical and technical expertise
- Ability to understand technology, management, and leadership issues related to organization processes and problem solving
Technical Resource Manager | MatchPoint Solutions | Office 925-829-7755 | Email email@example.com