MatchPoint Solutions is for candidates looking for a challenging career in a progressive company. MatchPoint and its clients are always looking for the qualified candidates, hiring directly out of top universities as well as experienced individuals from the industry.
Description Network Engineer
Responsible for maintaining the design and integrity of internal/external network, including customer-facing environments. Provide expert technical assistance to IT team members with high-level system and networking requests. Responsible for designing, testing, implementing and supporting complex infrastructure aligned with the requirements of business and clinical environment spread across multiple campuses and physical locations.
As a network engineer senior you will design, build, deploy, and maintain infrastructure management and automation solutions of varying size and complexity. Provide onsite and remote support to our colleagues who have critical response time requirements for their healthcare technology systems. Work independently and as part of a team to answer service calls, urgently analyze technical issues, address tier three escalations, work with the project manager on team related projects, and troubleshoot over the phone/onsite/via remote access. Responsible for delegating tasks to the network engineers as well as providing mentorship.
1. Support and maintain existing WAN and LAN connectivity, including routers, switches, wireless, DAS (on-site cellular)
2. Participates in network architecture planning and road-mapping for network services
3. Support and maintain remote access solutions
4. Lead the Development of monitoring metrics to assure optimal network performance and ongoing improvement
5. Maintain a thorough inventory of network related assets including depreciable and useful life; Recommend refresh and replacement requirements in support of annual operating and capital budgeting processes
6. Perform wired and wireless network assessments and audits
7. Participate in the administration and maintenance of the remote monitoring and management system: update agent scripts, respond to alerts, monitor dashboard, and periodic system review
8. Work with Project Managers to identify new products and solutions, and research solutions for existing systems
9. Communication with colleagues and leadership as required: keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes or agreed outages
10. Be available for other engineers and coach them to resolution
11. Participates in 24-7 on call rotation
12. Other duties as assigned.
1. Proficiency in reading, writing, comprehending and speaking English as required for business necessity.
2. Accountability for HIPAA privacy and security standards within the department and the organization.
3. Must possess advanced skills to use Microsoft Office, specialized software and electronic office equipment.
4. Develop and maintain a standard network architecture.
5. Document maintenance for all network infrastructure, including UPS equipment
6. In-depth knowledge of Cisco NX-OS and Cisco IOS with hands-on experience configuring Cisco routers, switches and firewalls/IPS.
7. In-depth knowledge of vulnerability management, Syslog and F5/ Web Application Firewall
8. Successfully demonstrate the skills required to secure and manage network infrastructures to protect productivity, mitigate security threats, and reduce costs
9. Firewall/IPS experience including TCP/IP filtering, NAT, and statefull inspection
10. In-depth knowledge of BGP and OSPF routing protocols
11. Ability to apply both critical and systematic thinking to network incident resolution and root cause investigation
License, Certification, Education or Experience:
REQUIRED for the position:
• Bachelor’s degree in technical and/or business related field or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Minimum of 8 years experience in a network engineering/support position.
• Strong attention to detail and process.
• Ability to prioritize workloads and deliver timely resolutions.
• Self-starter with the ability to see projects to completion.
• Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills conducive to team development.
• Dependable, flexible, and willing to work in a 24/7 environment (Rotational Shifts).
• Cisco Catalyst and Nexus Switching (Capacity Planning & VLANs)
• Cisco Routing (OSPF, BGP)
• WAN Technology (MPLS, VPN)
• Cisco ASA firewalls
• Cisco CCNA/CCNP or equivalent experience
• Aruba ACMA/ACMP or equivalent experience