MatchPoint Solutions is for candidates looking for a challenging career in a progressive company. MatchPoint and its clients are always looking for the qualified candidates, hiring directly out of top universities as well as experienced individuals from the industry.
Senior Network Engineer
Responsible for design, implementation and strategy of a company's internal data communications systems, including LANs, WANs and Wireless environments. Plans, designs, and implements networked systems, including configurations; SME level supporting/troubleshooting network problems; project implementation; providing training, assisting with proposal writing and providing quarterly executive level briefings. Key collaborative participant in the research and evaluate emerging network and communications technology.
8+ years experience in the operations of a company’s internal data communications systems, including LANs and/or WANs
• A minimum of 6 years of experience designing and deploying multi-vendor networking devices within a 24x7 environment. Experience to include routing, switching, wireless.
• Excellent communication skills and experience working with internal and external customers as a service provider.
• A minimum of 6 years of experience in network data analysis including NetFlow, Syslog, SNMP and other analytical tools.
• LAN Physical Connectivity – A minimum of 6 years of experience with Ethernet connectivity.
• Wireless – A minimum of 6 years of experience with designing and deploying wireless networks in an Enterprise or Warehouse environment including coverage maps and wireless spectrum analysis.
• Equipment – have diverse IOS experience required in the design, implementation and troubleshooting on a wide range of datacenter level equipment to include – but not limited to:
• Routers – ASR, 3900, 7300 Series Routers
• Cisco Access Switches (3650, 3850, 4500, 4900)
• Wireless – Extreme, Motorola, Cisco, Aruba
Additional Knowledge & Skills
• Proficient project management skills displayed through successful implementations, completing assignments, meeting timelines, and keeping within budget
• WAN Physical Connectivity – Experience designing edge router WAN circuit (Ethernet, T3, Multilink,T1) topologies including various hybrid WAN solutions.
• MPLS and Hybrid WAN Topologies - A minimum of four years’ experience with Telecom managed MPLS deployments. Preference for multi provider deployment experience.
• Routing Protocols – must be proficient with all common routing protocols used in a network environment to include (BGP, OSPF, EIGRP)
• Designing, Configuring and troubleshooting QOS for both WAN and LAN networks.
• A minimum of 4 years of experience with debug race option commands and their impact on the production environment.
• Monitoring – strong familiarity with SNMP, Netflow, Syslog and packet captures.
• Directly applicable professional certifications are preferred – CCNP, CCDP, CCIE RS
• In depth knowledge of UNIX scripting and Windows networking technologies and deployment methodologies.
Education, Travel and responsibilities to succeed:
Technical Resource Manager | MatchPoint Solutions | Office 925-829-7755 | Cell 408-718-6170| Email email@example.com