- Contribute towards the overall Enterprise Architecture strategic plan by establishing, developing, and/or promoting standards based architecture, frameworks and guidelines.
- Analyze complex business and technical problems related to the implementation of new technology and/or the customization of existing technologies.
- Partner with other technology teams to work with business executives and end users to conceptualize new application projects, recommend technologies and implementation strategies. Then architect/design for requirements of the project within financial and timeline guidelines.
- Author and/or review architecture/design and other technical documents ensuring high quality deliverables and systems development across tech stacks and applications teams.
- Review code and technical approaches for problem solving to ensure functional and non-functional requirements are met in an effective and high-quality manner.
- Provide guidance and mentor technical teams across multiple architecture styles and technologies to ensure high quality design/implementation, re-use of enterprise/common patterns, improve code quality and testability/maintainability.
- Scrutinize project effort estimations from development teams and optimize costs utilizing effective software engineering practices and aligning architecture/implementation efforts across multiple teams.
- Lead matrixed / cross-functional teams and development teams to complete assigned projects on-time and within budget with high quality deliverables that can be re-used by other teams and projects.
- Work in a multi-project Scrum/Agile environment based on User / Technical Stories assigned across projects with potentially different Sprint cadences and expectations.
- Hands-on development creating proof of concepts and maintaining small development projects.
- Help ensure high quality software delivery by providing guidance on testing strategy, providing technical consultation to plan/design performance testing and profiling of application, and providing feedback/guidance for tuning performance and other non-functional elements of the application
- Demonstrable ability to self-manage time and priorities in a complex multi-team matrix environment while maintaining high-quality deliverables for oneself as well as your tech teams
- Demonstrable ability to communicate in verbal/written and diagrams formats to technical and non-technical audiences of varying skillset and seniority
- 8+ years of experience in multi-tier Web Application architecture AND multi-party EDI integrations
- Multi-year / multi-project experience in following areas:
- IBM Sterling EDI platform including Web EDI and Connect Direct
- High volume transactional web applications – custom application or SaaS with heavy integrations
- Hands-on architecture/design for web sites that are highly scalable and built in large enterprise environments – mix of green-field and brown-field technologies and architectures.
- Hands-on architecture/design of cloud-native applications built on Amazon AWS platform
- Back-end technologies: Java EE and Spring framework and Spring Boot framework
- Front-end technologies: Angular 4, Bootstrap, D3, NVD3
- Web Services/ESB/Integration technologies: REST based services using MicroServices
- More than one Application Servers such as JBoss, Weblogic and Tomcat
- Agile/Scrum and DevOps practices
- (a Plus) Experience in IBM Gentran platform
- (a Plus) Experience in migrating on-prem technologies/platforms to Amazon AWS platform
- (a Plus) Terraform scripting for “infrastructure as code” approach for building AWS environments
- (a Plus) Experience in more than one IT discipline such as web/mobile application architecture/design, middleware/integration design within/across enterprises, information security design, & database design
- (a Plus) Experience in Jira/Confluence/Bitbucket, Open Source frameworks, Monitoring services (such as AppDynamics) Content Management platforms (especially Documentum), Containerization (using Docker) and integration with COTS products and/or legacy technologies