Wireless Engineer / Wireless Performance Field Engineer
Location: Denver, CO
Duration: 2 Years
The person in this position must be a hands-on engineer capable of reviewing and updating designs, conducting on site access surveys, updating deployment diagrams, and provide tier 3 support and remediation of large Wi-Fi networks. This position will primarily support existing network deployments,
The ideal candidate should also demonstrate experience in best practices for network sustainment including ticketing, problem-resolution, and monitoring. This candidate will also need to demonstrate strong communications skills as this position will interface both with the customer and IT leadership.
- Proactively tracks and reviews wireless network performance, identifies performance issues, and takes ownership to drive towards resolution/improvement
- Conducting site surveys and on-site assessments and preparing schematic diagrams for recommended and efficient continuing supports/installations. Developing and maintaining network documentation.
- Network performance monitoring (bandwidth, throughput, end user experience) for proactive coverage & capacity additions.
- Monitoring protocol compatibility, performing system tuning, and making recommendations for improvement.
- Interaction with existing and potential customers
- Provides network performance assessment following major network changes to ensure any negative performance impact is quickly identified and mitigated
- Identify pain points and collaborate with regions to identify and resolve issues
- Determine preferred communication of progress
Other basic skills:
- 7+ years of working experience on 802.11 technology using wireless Controller and Access Point systems.
- Strong embedded software development and debugging skills
- Deeply understanding of RF transmissions & antenna behavior, and familiar with 802.11e protocols
- Knowledge and experience in 802.11e wireless systems development
- Solid understanding of 802.11 family of standards
- Wireless Access Point Service, Wireless Client Associations.
- 802.11 MAC and Link Layer Driver optimization in FW/SW
- Diagnose and solve system performance issues.
- WLAN Security in the areas of authentication, encryption, RADIUS, AAA authentication, 802.1x/EAP, PSK, etc.
- Wireless access controllers (CAPWAP knowledge/experience a strong plus)
- Solid understanding on networking protocols, including bridging, routing, TCP/IP, DHCP, ARP, DNS, NAT, and STP
- Comfortable working with Linux-based systems and relevant tools (ssh, scp, ftp, etc.)
- Knowledge of networking protocols (HTTP, TCP, IPSEC, GRE, etc.)
- CWNE certification will be preferred, CCNA wireless route & switch also acceptable
- Excellent debugging skills
- Experience in test automation related to Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/e/g/n/ac products (Python)
- Thrives in a collaborative environment and can clearly communicate while confidently driving multiple projects across many teams
- Experience in using network analyzers like AirMagnet, AirPcap, WireShark, Omnipeek
- Knowledge of one or more scripting languages, for example, PERL, Python, etc.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience gathering and organizing data, then make logical decisions based on that data and implement a solution.
- Strong skillset and experience with performance tools including Cisco Prime, Cosmos and Splunk.
- Ability to travel up to 50 % due to onsite surveys and remediation’s mostly in Northern/Southern California locations.
- Self-motivated and can work independently.
Technical Resource Manager | MatchPoint Solutions |
Office 925-829-7755 |