Systems Support Engineer
Locations: Reston, VA
Duration: 6 Months
- 6+ years of working experience with different IT Infrastructure components such as Unix/ Linux Servers, Wintel Servers, networks, firewalls, routers, load balancers, VPN, Apache, web logic, LDAP, Active Directory, Exchange, Oracle/MS SQL databases, SAN, Virtualization, Email systems, Enterprise monitoring and access management solutions for single sign on.
- Working experience with a wide variety of monitoring and data/log analysis tools such as Extrahop, Dynatrace, Netcool suite, Catchpoint, Moogsoft (Event Management and ChatOps), ELK, Splunk among others.
- Proven methodical approach to problem identification, problem solving and resolution.
- 6+ years of working experience with applications in a production support environment using above technologies. Management and troubleshooting of Middleware products on UNIX and Linux environments. Knowledge of Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), Java etc.
- Ability to analyze different components of the infrastructure and application environments during Incident triage calls.
- Aptitude to influence other technical teams on the incident calls and articulate troubleshooting steps effectively.
- Experience and confidence working with all levels of management; excellent written and verbal skills.
- Able to quickly and concisely communicate with senior management on technical issues in non-technical terms and to run large conference calls during Incident calls with a wide range of personnel and management levels.
- Ability to occasionally work on nights and weekends if and when major incidents occur.
- Strong relationship management skills and aptitude to multi-task and work well in a high stress environment, both within teams and independently.
- Proficiency with Word, Excel and PowerPoint and presenting to senior management using data and information from these tools.
- ITIL or PMP certification is desired.
- Financial services industry experience is preferred.
Technical Resource Manager | MatchPoint Solutions | Office 925-829-7755 | Email firstname.lastname@example.org