Product Owner Coach
Location: San Francisco, CA
Duration: 6+ months
Job Description – Product Owner Coach
We are seeking an experienced Product Owner Coach in the Digital Catalyst Team who will mentor other mid-level Product Owners' as well as work day-to-day on a product team. The coach would teach the Product Owner and team: how to create a clear vision of the product that will be built; how to guide the team in writing, estimating and prioritizing of user stories; and how to build a well-informed product roadmap to give transparency to leadership and set stakeholder expectations. Be an example PO who works with team and technical leadership to maintain the technical integrity and quality of the product. The Product Owners should learn how to focuses on the end-user experience and needs which will drive the deliver the product.
- Establishes an environment of psychological safety to build a healthy culture
- Cares about people beyond process with authenticity and establishing healthy relationships
- Uses expert facilitation skills to promote learning and self-organization
- Brings new ideas impacting department leadership as well as whole organization
- Elevates others around them
- Works themselves out of a job by teaching the Product Owners and teams the skills need to be self-sufficient.
Product Owner Responsibilities:
- Holds the problem space and owns the product vision
- Understands customer’s needs and test assumptions to clarify the product’s direction
- Prioritizes the most important work for product teams (short-term and long-term work)
- Facilitates team activities: story mapping, prioritization, estimation, road mapping, product brainstorming and business model canvas
- Works with the team to surface and address impediments
- Balances tradeoffs among product value, design, and technology
- Acts as the voice of the customer, interfacing with enterprise leaders as an advocate of the product
- Develops feature requirements and works with the team to define acceptance criteria
- Collaborates with the team to agree on a definition of done and collective ownership
- Define and deliver minimum viable products, adding key features incrementally
- Help build a healthy and happy team
- Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science in related field or equivalent work experience
- 7+ years of related work experience
- 5+ years of experience as a Product Owner of an agile development team
Desired Education / Skills:
- Fosters a creative, “fail fast” environment, which facilitate learning
- Humble – is open to being coached, has high EQ and is self-aware
- Hungry – desires to get things done while honoring people, and seeks better ways to do the job
- Collaborative – has strong interpersonal skills; cares about and works well with teammates
- Willingness to impact beyond defined role
- Builds vision into larger “client” strategy and culture
- Ability to influence others and create a compelling vision
- Attracts self-motivated highly-collaborative teammates
- Uses product pivots to identify and create more value for “client”
- What is he looking for in this person;
- Startup mindset, but also experience working in big organization so he/she understands its politics, etc.
- Must know how to work getting the MVP – Lean Startup Thinking
- Very good comm skills – communicating with all stake holders and C-Level management
- Project he/she will be working on is Machine Learning Analytics – knowledge of this is not a must have.
- Must be able to groom other POs
- Stake holder prioritization
- Must have experience working in Agile environment.
- Must have experience with high level project estimation in Agile Environment.
Technical Resource Manager | MatchPoint Solutions | Office 925-829-7755 |Email email@example.com