Architect for Data Center Advisory
Location : Bethlehem, PA
- Architect will support a Data Center Advisory role as a leading technical expert, applying their expertise to a customer project needing technical solutions.
- Depending on the complexity of the project, the DC Architect will engage during the project scoping phase to lead the technical design and estimating efforts of a customer’s solution.
- The DC Architect collaborates with customers and internal team members to analyze available information and requirements to deliver solution artifacts.
- On complex solutions, the DC Architect will lead the customer and internal technical teams through a development process, that include evaluating information gathered from multiple sources, reconciling conflicts, decomposing high-level information into manageable details, abstracting up from low-level information into a general understanding in the development of an overall solution.
- The DC Architect is expected to influence, motivate and guide both the customer and internal component designs to the higher-level solution architecture.
- The DC Architect needs an executive presence and must maintain technical credibility with the customer, as they are positioned as a project leader and top trusted customer advisor, with significant responsibility for how we help customers design, implement, and deploy transformational technology.
- The DC architect plays an important role in ensuring that the solution architecture aligns with the customers roadmaps established by the customer’s enterprise architecture, and that it adheres to the enterprise architecture principles.
- Must be proficient at the techniques that go into the formulation of architectures, including requirements discovery and analysis, application of abstraction, formulation of solution context, solution alternatives identification and assessment, technology selection, and architectural configuration.
- Design, Plan and Deploy new data center network solutions & equipment
- Expert knowledge of network technologies such as LAN/WAN, Switching and Routing, Network Protocols, and Network Security
- Ability to work closely with client/application architects, senior managers, and project managers to design and assist with the implementation of the solutions infrastructure related components.
- Possess high aptitude for problem-solving and trouble-shooting.
- Utilize knowledge of defined reference architectures, technology trends, and implementation experience in order to translate a business need into a solution blueprint that represents an end-to-end technical solution.
- 15 years’ experience
- 8 years’ experience as an Infrastructure Architect/Engineer
- 6 years’ experience in IT operations or development support of highly transactional, mission critical applications in heterogeneous environments/architectures for multi-user systems.
- 3 years’ of technical leadership experience. Experienced in mentoring associates with significant technical knowledge, development of professional management and leadership skills.
- Significant knowledge of Infrastructure design and implementations required
- Significant knowledge of a broad spectrum of infrastructure technologies and secure computing environments; including Storage, Network, Database, Middleware, VMware, etc.
- Knowledge of broad range of modern programming languages, platforms and open-source technologies and knowledge of the Agile principles of software development methodology a plus.
- Experience coordinating multiple assignments in a complex environment preferred
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) preferred
- Demonstrated experience with planning and design tools (Visio and MS Project)
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent verbal, written and listening communication skills.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demeanor.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Must have a high attention to detail
- Must be a self-starter
Technical Resource Manager | MatchPoint Solutions | Office 925-829-7755 | Email email@example.com