IT Planning Analyst
Locations: San Francisco, CA with occasional travel to San Ramon, CA
Duration: 6 months (possibility of extension)
- Assist with the daily operations and provide general IT business & planning support
- Prepare reports through gathering, analyzing and summarizing data and information; prepares presentation materials for management reports.
- Assist in the initiation, conducting and coordinating studies and analysis on IT operations, resource allocation, financial reviews; and analyzing programs to ensure that program goals and work plans are on target.
- Participates and assists in the preparation of the annual business plans for the assigned IT functional area, and coordinates contract or resource management efforts including making recommendations based on analysis work
- May work as a liaison among stakeholders to coordinate, document, and schedule changes to IT infrastructure and information systems.
Financial Activities & Analysis:
- Maintain annual capital and expense budgets utilizing proper accounting/budgeting controls, enter financial data into tracking system, and compile regular and ad-hoc financial status reports
- Provides financial analysis on project cost variances for plan vs. actual, and can identify inappropriate charges by resources not captured in the Job Estimate and makes appropriate corrections in SAP.
- Analyzes actual spend and forecasting to determine if/when appropriate Project Change Controls must be implemented
- Plan and analyze a variety of metrics including cost of service and performance/quality analysis and provide explanations of variances
- Perform business analysis and identify processes that can be streamlined and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Analyze and perform calculations of metric information for monthly releases
- Work on overall project planning through Intake.
- Assist with tracking resolution of issues and risks.
- Provide analysis and support to project planning processes
- Track project status and report out to stakeholders and business partners.
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Business, or equivalent experience
- 2 years of general business experience
- Three or more years of related budget, financial, and program systems and processes experience
Technical Resource Manager | MatchPoint Solutions | Office 925-829-7755 | Email email@example.com