Model Validation Consultants – 580962
- The Client Customer Analytics, Capital and Modeling Department is looking for a highly motivated and qualified Model Validation Consultant to support its objectives.
- The primary responsibility of this role is to support the model validation team to mitigate the model risks under the model governance for the entire Client.
- The team is responsible to discover and diagnose modeling related risks including input data, assumption, concept, methodology, process and implementation.
- The team is also responsible to opine on the model strength and weakness and recommend practical solutions.
- Support the model validation team to mitigate the model risks
- Discovers and diagnoses modeling related risks including input data, assumption, concept, methodology, process and implementation
- Provides subject matter expertise on models’ strength and weakness and recommend practical solutions
- Validates models assigned by model governance committee
- Discusses validation results with model owners and governance team to gain consensus and create strategies to implement changes if needed
- Utilizes express mode validation for new model development, facing legal and compliance related modeling issues, quick model fixes, etc.
- Review model documents, and conduct test runs on model codes
- Provide different view on methodology and calculations, and provide feedback to model developers
- Work on model validation reports with hiring manager and provide ad hoc support to him
- Advanced Degree. Specify: Master’s Degree in Statistics, Econometrics, Finance, Operations Research, or equivalent. PhD is preferred
- 5+ years of financial model development or model validation experience
- 3+ years of work experience in using SAS and SQL
- Quantitative analysis skills
- Work experience in Financial Industry
- Model development or validation experience in PD, LGD, Prepayment and Cash Flow models
- Working experience in CECL or IFRS 9
- Working experience in CCAR
- Working experience in using R