- Responsible to administer, develop, maintain, implement, upgrade and tune databases; responsible for automation, following change process for all changes, shell scripting, PL/SQL programming, backup & recovery and monitoring.
- Provide lead support on platforms as well as participate in rotating on call support for 24 x 7 production environment (FTE Only).
- Utilizes experience to identify and resolve complex database issues.
- Responsible for identifying and implementing advancements to technology in use; mentor to other teammates on technology.
- Comply with all security policies and procedures to ensure that the highest level of system and data confidentiality, integrity and availability is maintained; following change process for all changes.
- Responsible for maintaining, adhering to and implementing policies and procedures to ensure system and data confidentiality, integrity for all company databases.
- Responsible for learning and implementing new technology trends and techniques as required by business direction and needs
- Maintain and develop a thorough understanding of application development, technology and supporting construction techniques along with well-developed architectural and technical skills.
- Learn other database platforms in use by the company.
- Mentor to teammates and customers.
- Mentor team members to identify data flow and content issues, capacity management, implement business requirements into specific databases.
- Deploy new technologies adopted by the company following industry best practice.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- RDBMS: Oracle and (SQLServer or MySQL) plus MongoDb and (DymamoDb or Redis);
- Hands-on experience with databasea standards and end user applications. Excellent knowledge of data backup, recovery, security, integrity, PL/SQL and SQL.
- Familiarity with database design, documentation and coding. Knowledge of powershell, shell scripting Mongo Shell Scripting and Mongo Query is a plus.
- Familiarity with programming languages API is a plus.
- Must have problem solving skills, organizational skills,
- Excellent oral and written communication skils and ability to think algorithmically 3 - 6 YOE.
- Successful candidates have developed their capabilities through a combination of classroom and work experience with a minimum of 8 year’s experience.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.