Location: Nashville, TN
Duration: 12+ Months
- The Business Analyst will work directly with Field Quality Investigations, conducting end user interviews, documenting business requirements, communicating with project development team in Japan, and verifying future development meets expectations.
- Business requirements include:
- Functional requirements
- Workflow diagrams
- Screen layouts (where applicable)
- Internal & External I/F layouts
- Analyzing gaps in development and client needs
- The Business Analyst will be communicating the requirements to the Japan development team via email and teleconference
- The Business Analyst is responsible for analyzing and documenting the needs of clients to help identify problems and propose solutions, and liaise with internal business departments.
- The Business Analyst will be planning, coordinating, and possibly executing UAT (User Acceptance Testing) as required during development
- Deliver artifacts as per our SDLC - functional requirements, user stories/acceptance criteria, context diagrams, and services/interface specifications.
- The Business Analyst must possess the skills to read, understand, interpret, and communicate technical systematic designs and potential issues.
- Ability to establish quality deliverables and detail customer requirements, constraints, and assumptions.
- Candidates must have the ability to successfully demonstrate through past experience their ability to: Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, and task/workflow analysis.
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information, and distinguish user requests from underlying true needs.
- Strong analytical & product management skills required, including the interpretation of customer business needs.
- Ability to collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to establish and deliver the technical vision.
- Requires excellent problem-solving skills, applications troubleshooting experience, and the ability to solution both tactical and strategic options.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
- Past experience as a hands-on applications developer, data analyst, systems analyst, data architect, or DBA.
- Client server development/web technologies/SOA - Java/J2EE, .NET, WAS, WPS/BPM, Jboss Databases/data analysis/metadata/tools - RDBMS, Oracle, DB2, SQL Server, SQL, MS Access, OLAP, PL/SQL, Erwin, Metadata Manager, and data quality tools
- Service Oriented Architecture, SOAP/RESTful services, enterprise service bus
- Waterfall and agile/scrum methodologies
- Possess advanced proficiency in the following: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Access) Microsoft Windows operating system Project Management methods and tools
- 7-10 Years overall IS/IT experience with at least: 7 years application development experience 5 years’ experience in working with third party vendors.
- Prior experience working with off-shore personnel is a plus.
- Education Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Decision Information Systems, MIS, or equivalent experience
- Advanced technical degree preferred
Technical Manager | MatchPoint Solutions | 925-829-4621 | email@example.com