MatchPoint Solutions is for candidates looking for a challenging career in a progressive company. MatchPoint and its clients are always looking for the qualified candidates, hiring directly out of top universities as well as experienced individuals from the industry.
Senior Network Engineer (LAN) - Remote 100%
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop and present network engineering design packages.
• Develop low-level design documentation.
• Plan, Design, and Implement Local Area Networks, including development of configurations.
• Plan, Design, and Implement Wide Area Networks, including development of configurations.
• Plan, Design, and Implement Wireless Local Area Networks, including deployment of configurations.
• Plan, Design, and Implement Voice over IP (VoIP) Networks, including development of configurations.
• Implement routing protocols, including OSPF, and BGP. • Troubleshooting and problem solving for network and application issues.
• Configure and assist with implementation of network hardware, including routers, switches, VoIP equipment, security appliances, etc.
• Create and maintain network documentation as it relates to network topology, equipment, and configuration.
• Interact and negotiate with application owners, project managers, vendors, consultants, and contractors to design and implement network solutions.
• Perform network asset management, including maintenance of network component inventory and related documentation and technical specifications information.
• Make use of standard operating procedures and applications for service, change, and incident management.
• Strong technical project management and engineering skills are mandatory
• Strong network documentation skills and can publish written standards for use by network peers
• Able to effectively prioritize tasks in a high-pressure environment
• Extensive knowledge of Remedy, Microsoft Visio, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
• Excellent customer service focus and analytical problem solving abilities • Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication and presentation skills
• Highly self motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail
• In-depth knowledge of Cisco IOS, EIGRP, BGP, OSPF and MPLS environments
• In-depth hands on experience with Cisco Catalyst 35xx, 37xx, 65xx (Sup 720 and 2T) series equipment
• Knowledge of IP traffic flow, protocol analysis, capturing and monitoring of live traffic streams.
• Ability to document all aspects of IT network and services provided to users. Minimum Qualifications
• University degree in related field and/or equivalent work experience.
• Industry related certifications. Cisco CCNP and/or CCDP. Cisco CCIE certification not required but a definite plus.
• 5 to 8 years of LAN/WAN engineering experience in a Global Enterprise Environment.
• 5 to 8 years of experience with Cisco equipment.
• 5+ years experience designing, evaluating and recommending networking solutions.
3+ years working with telecommunications vendors.
Technical Resource Manager | MatchPoint Solutions | Office 925-829-7755 | Email firstname.lastname@example.org