Location: Remote in CA or CO
Duration: 2 Years
The wireless performance team is responsible for identifying, developing, tracking, and proactively driving improvements for the clients network. Our goal is to ensure that that wireless network performance meets the needs of our business partners, clinicians, and physicians. Problems are proactively identified and mitigated before our internal or external customers experience any degradation in their applications or services.
The person in this position must be a hands-on engineer capable of reviewing and updating designs, conducting on site access surveys, updating deployment diagrams, and provide tier 3 support and remediation of large Wi-Fi networks. This position will primarily support existing network deployments, The ideal candidate should also demonstrate experience in best practices for network sustainment including ticketing, problem-resolution, and monitoring. This candidate will also need to demonstrate strong communications skills as this position will interface both with the customer and IT leadership.
- Proactively tracks and reviews wireless network performance, identifies performance issues, and takes ownership to drive towards resolution/improvement
- Conducting site surveys and on-site assessments and preparing schematic diagrams for recommended and efficient continuing supports/installations. Developing and maintaining network documentation.
- Network performance monitoring (bandwidth, throughput, end user experience) for proactive coverage & capacity additions.
- Monitoring protocol compatibility, performing system tuning, and making recommendations for improvement.
- Interaction with existing and potential customers
- Provides network performance assessment following major network changes to ensure any negative performance impact is quickly identified and mitigated
- Identify pain points and collaborate with regions to identify and resolve issues
- Determine preferred communication of progress
- 7+ years of working experience on 802.11 technology using wireless Controller and Access Point systems.
- Strong embedded software development and debugging skills
- Deeply understanding of RF transmissions & antenna behavior, and familiar with 802.11e protocols
- Knowledge and experience in 802.11e wireless systems development
- Solid understanding of 802.11 family of standards
- Wireless Access Point Service, Wireless Client Associations.
- 802.11 MAC and Link Layer Driver optimization in FW/SW
- Diagnose and solve system performance issues.
- WLAN Security in the areas of authentication, encryption, RADIUS, AAA authentication, 802.1x/EAP, PSK, etc
- Wireless access controllers (CAPWAP knowledge/experience a strong plus)
- Solid understanding on networking protocols, including bridging, routing, TCP/IP, DHCP, ARP, DNS, NAT, and STP
- Comfortable working with Linux-based systems and relevant tools (ssh, scp, ftp, etc.)
- Knowledge of networking protocols (HTTP, TCP, IPSEC, GRE, etc.)
Other basic requirements:
- CWNE certification will be preferred, CCNA wireless route & switch also acceptable - Need
- Excellent debugging skills
- Experience in test automation related to Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/e/g/n/ac products (Python)
- Thrives in a collaborative environment and can clearly communicate while confidently driving multiple projects across many teams
- Experience in using network analyzers like AirMagnet, AirPcap, WireShark, Omnipeek
- Knowledge of one or more scripting languages, for example, PERL, Python, etc.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience gathering and organizing data, then make logical decisions based on that data and implement a solution.
- Strong skillset and experience with performance tools including Cisco Prime, Cosmos and Splunk.
- Ability to travel up to 50 % due to onsite surveys and remediation’s mostly in Northern/Southern California locations.
- Self-motivated and can work independently.
Technical Manager | MatchPoint Solutions |
Office: 925-829-4621 |