The Scrum Master is the servant leader, mentor and trainer for a team or a set of teams. The Scrum Master is an expert on agility and Scrum and is a champion of process improvement and impediment removal. The Agile Coach is accountable to help the teams apply Scrum, Agile and Lean thinking, and to provide training to the team on agile process, velocity, quality, impediment removal etc.
- Delivers hands-on coaching to individual teams and programs/organizations in all aspects of Scrum and agility.
- Accountable for guiding, coaching, teaching and assisting team(s) in Scrum / Agile principles and driving process improvement.
- Coaches and trains Product Owners, Scrum Masters, Teams, and business leaders.
- Partners with other coaches to advances best practices across the organization. Remains informed about Toyota agile practices, industry trends and best practices concerning Agile.
- Develops and maintains stakeholder relationships supporting agile product development.
- The Scrum Master, works with the team to deliver value and coordinates within and outside of the team to facilitate the completion of the team’s backlog.
- Facilitate Daily Scrum / stand up, Story Point Estimation, Sprint Planning, Backlog refinement, Sprint Review, Sprint Retrospectives and Sprint Kaizen
- Capture and report team performance metrics (Velocity)
- Expert knowledge of Agile / Scrum terms, language and process.
- 3-5 years of Agile delivery experience / recent hands-on experience as a Scrum Master (not a PM)
- Deep understanding of Application Development Processes and SDLC
- Expert teaming and interpersonal skills
- Highly developed communication skills to collaborate, build relationships, influence, negotiate and persuade others at all levels both within and outside of IT.
- Strong facilitation skills, both verbal and written communication.
- A technical background is a plus, specifically with .Net or Web App delivery
- Agile certifications such as Certified Scrum Master (CSM), Certified or Professional Scrum Trainer (CST, PST), Certified Enterprise Coach (CEC), Associate or Professional Certified Coach (ACC, PCC),
- Experience with Service Now Application Lifecycle Management, CMDB and processes
- Experience with Jira and Confluence