Senior Network Engineer is responsible for setting the technical standards for multiple technical platforms and ensuring that network technology meets the service requirements of our business users and clients.
Senior Cisco Design Engineer
6+ Months with the intention of 12+ months
As part of the Network Services team the Senior Cisco Design Engineer will be involved with the design and management of the Local Area Network (LAN) and the Wide Area Network (WAN). Daily functions include tracking, analyzing, and resolving issues, and preparing for future needs. The Senior Engineer must be familiar with all network equipment including but not limited to: routers, switches, firewalls and network services (DNS, DHCP, etc.) The person in this role will identify, research and resolve technical problems while providing positive leadership within the IT organization.
- Assess and evaluate current networking infrastructure; design, document, test and implement network services and devices.
- Develop and maintain standard operating procedures (SOPs) at a high level.
- Support proactive capacity planning modeling to support business decisions.
- Detect, identify and perform problem isolation and resolution throughout the network architecture.
- Conduct research, evaluate and recommends cost effective networked solutions, and new technologies to support the technology strategies of the core business.
- Develop and execute contingency plans for network software and hardware failures including isolated and major outages. Provide knowledgeable consulting, technical guidance and leadership to technical review boards; configuration control boards; developers, engineers and senior managers.
- Oversee the configuration, monitoring, and optimization of network devices such as routers and switches.
- Support network upgrade projects or initiatives, through the lifecycle, including design, test and deployment.
- Experience capturing and documenting end-user requirement
- Experience creating Low Level and High-Level design documents in accordance with customer standards.
- Ability to lead and direct the work of others
- 10+ years of experience with networking devices and network management application development.
- Very strong working knowledge of various Cisco routing and switching platforms and their configuration.Devices include (but are not limited to) ASR1000-series/ISR-4000 and ISR-3900 series routers, Catalyst 6500 switches, and Nexus-series switches.
- Strong knowledge IP communication and routing is required (OSPF, EIGRP, BGP). Experience with inter-company routing is preferred.
- Knowledge and experience with F5 LTM and GTM
- Network QoS and Security (ACL, Firewalls, QoS).
- Experience with either design and implementation, or operation of, large-scale enterprise deployments of network security infrastructures using a continuous improvement methodology while enforcing compliance standards.
- Create and manage the roadmap for one or more network technologies
- Designed and implemented enterprise network firewall architectures in commercial domains, with a demonstrated understanding of firewall topology and zone based methodology.
- Experience designing and troubleshooting VPNs
- Provisioning and maintenance of systems across multiple locations and platforms
- Hands on experience with Cisco Data Center Switches Nexus 5K, 7K and 9K
- Strong interpersonal skills and communication skills
Preferred skills but not required:
- Knowledge and experience with NSX, ACI and/or SDN
Technical Resource Manager | MatchPoint Solutions |
Office 925-829-7755 |