Palo Alto Firewall Senior Administrator
- Provide planning, engineering, implementation, configuration, operational support and troubleshooting for our Palo Alto Network devices.
- Migrate port/service to App-ID security policies.
- Know how to create custom applications (if needed) and assign to security policies.
- Review, customize, and/or create URL Filtering policies according to customer or best practice.
- Validation of firewall configuration, rule creation and cleanup, and assessment of firewall traffic flow (dynamic routing, log analysis).
- Research and assess new threats and security alerts, and recommends remedial actions to ensure network security design is resilient enough to deal with the latest threats and attacks scenarios.
- Develop technical documentation, including standards and standard operating procedures (SOPs) for operations personnel
- Provide design and technical input / support for engineering network security solutions based on recognized standards and best practices
- Report on key compliance and operational metrics for the network security infrastructure
- Work with vendors, application developers, database administrators, corporate IT, and other technology groups to deploy new or updated technology projects.
- Conduct routine hardware and software audits of all supported systems to ensure compliance with established standards, policies, procedures, and requirements
- Periodic security assessment of firewall, router, switches, VPN, SSL concentrator and other network component security configurations
- Maintain proper change management documentation for all hardware and software modifications
- Provide Investigation support of any actual or potential information security incidents or Outages in the form of an RCA.
- Other duties as assigned
- Internet Connectivity and Protocols (TCP/IP)
- Network architecture best practices
- Security Operations Centre/Information Protection Centre/Computer Incident Response Centre
- Enterprise Security Information Management systems
- VPN Communication Protocols
- Switches/Routers (basic configuration)
- Network/System Intrusion Detection or Prevention Systems
- Understanding of basic security concepts: Principle of Least Access, Compartmentalization etc.
- Firewall (configuration knowledge)
- Asset Management
- Palo Alto Network Appliances.
- Cisco ASA
- Security threat and attack countermeasures
- Critical Thinking and Analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Team player with ability to work autonomously
- Ability to prioritize, and re-prioritize work as required
Technical Resource Manager | MatchPoint Solutions | Office 925-829-7755 | firstname.lastname@example.org