|Sr. Network Engineer - VMware (VRA/VRO)
Location: Tempe, AZ
Duration: 4-6+ Months
- Aside from being technically savvy, they need to have great communication
- Client is very behind on almost all their deadlines, so they need someone who can come in and whiteboard and be very interactive with the team regarding ideas and solutions for the environment.
- There is already an active VDI team and a separate ACI team that’s being run by Cisco AS, so they don’t need to be an expert in either of those area per say
- This person just needs to have good knowledge of both to again understand the environment very well
- Tactical Implementation Network Engineers – but they should be senior – so can sit in on Architecture discussions
- Does not need to be SME…just a technical liaison between teams. Ideally with 10 -15 years’ experience
- Candidate should possess strong documentation and communications skills
- Traditional Layer 2 / 3 – Cisco
- Cisco ACI Experience – Network Centric implementation – including AVS, UCSD integration – they do not have enough information about App Dependencies to be App Centric – so a maturity discussion…
- Knowledge of Citrix NetScaler Load Balancing – their VDI is actually VMware View
- Ability to communicate ACI requirements to vRA/vRO folks using ACI Plug In (there are dedicated teams for VMware and
- Firewall Knowledge – Checkpoint a plus.. again more of a communication role with security folks.
- Goal here is help get servers lit and on the wire – integrated into ACI
- PHX based is preferred and at least initially 5 days per week – mostly to develop rapport with team / white board / etc.
Technical Manager | MatchPoint Solutions | Office: 925-829-4621 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org